Historical Facts About Diamonds
- Diamond is the hardest transparent substance in the
earth that can be cut and polished in the desired shape.
- Diamonds were first mined in India hardly over 2,800 years ago.
- Diamonds exist for more than three billion years ago. The recent stones found to be exist over hundred million years ago.
- Historically, Romans use to wear diamonds as talismans to protect themselves against evil spirits.
- During the period of 13th century, France implemented
a law that only kings should wear diamonds.
- Ancient Greeks believes that diamonds are splinters
of stars fallen on the earth.
- The biggest rough diamond since ever mined is over three
thousand one hundred carats, discovered in South Africa
mine on 26th of January 1905.
- South Africa is the major producer of diamonds. Sixty
five percent of world’s diamond is found from this country.
- Mostly diamonds use to form under hundred miles below
the ground, but some forms beneath four hundred miles.
This type of diamonds is called extra terrestrial diamonds
formed by an asteroid impact. These types are also called
- The tradition of presenting diamond engagement ring
came from Archduke Maximilian of Austria who gave diamond
ring to Mary of burgundy in the year 1477.
- The largest diamond in the golden jubilee is at 545.67
carats, a fancy yellow brown stone. Diamonds can be clear,
pink, yellow, green and blue colors